The objectives of the National Farmers Union – Ontario, as outlined in its bylaws, are:
1) To promote the betterment of farmers in the attainment of their economic and social goals;
2) To conduct projects for the benefit of farmers in the development of markets for, and the marketing of, farm products;
3) To achieve the reduction of costs and other measures designed to increase the economic benefits of farming;
4) To conduct educational and research projects for the benefit of farmers;
5) To promote and secure legislation and other forms of government action for the benefit of farmers;
6) To promote a higher standard of community in agriculture;
7) To provide services for its members consistent with its objects and work jointly with any other persons or organizations for the attainment of its objects.